Forums General Support Enroll in BC (Van. Island) School at 18 Without Parents or Ministry Involved?

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
    • #16366

      I read Shorty’s question and couldn’t quite get a clear answer about when one can enroll in a BC school without parental consent?

      Any help is appreciated…

    • #18463

      Hi JoAnn,

      Thanks for your message, it sounds like you’re looking for some specific answers. Like we told Shorty, it’s best to go to the source, and that would be the Ministry of Children and Family Development or MCFD at 250-952-4707. The specific school district (or even the school) might be able to answer some of your questions. As far as I understand it here, everyone 16 yrs or younger needs to have a legal guardian, but some 17 and 18 yr olds can advocate for themselves depending on the circumstances. But like I said, you’d want to check it out further.

      I hope this helps a bit! We’re here for you JoAnn… if you wanna talk about anything, or need some more support.

      the Support Team

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The forum ‘General Support’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Go top